Date:      Tue, 26 Jun 2001 16:33:32 +0200 (MEST)
From:      Harald Schmalzbauer <Harald.Schmalzbauer@gmx.de>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   DNS and gTLD-servers

Hallo all,

I have a little problem understanding how the gTLD servers get their
entries. In particular, my records are wrong.
When I look to the whois database from networksolutions I get my correct NS
IPs. But when I query A.GTLD-Servers.net I get old IPs which aren't correct.
So where is the updating process broken?? I have a local registrar for my
domains and he updated the whois database correctly. Also the nameserver which
connected me once give the correct NS IPs. But a fresh lookup to gTLD doesn't
work.
I can't imagine that there is a person typing the NS IPs into the gTLD
database. I think this is done by a robot. But why isn't it working then?
The update was made one month ago, so I think it's no matter of time.

Can anyone please explain this procedure to me?

Thank you,

-Harry

belenus GmbH
Harald Schmalzbauer
IT-Engineer
Tel: +49 (89) 21979-120
Fax: +49 (89) 21979-111
www.belenus.com
  / Am Fenster rumhängen?
 / Als Pinguin abtauchen?
/ Rennen wie der Teufel?

http://www.gmx.net

--
GMX Tipp:

Machen Sie Ihr Hobby zu Geld bei unserem Partner 1&1!
http://profiseller.de/info/index.php3?ac=OM.PS.PS003K00596T0409a