Date:      Tue, 19 Dec 2000 09:12:08 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tom Samplonius <tom@sdf.com>
To:        sthaug@nethelp.no
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Typhoon?  (was: newsgroup server recommendation)

On Tue, 19 Dec 2000 sthaug@nethelp.no wrote:

> >   Has Highwind Software (now bCandid) dropped support for FreeBSD?  They
> > make great news software (see www.highwind.com).  The used to have a beta
> > of Typhoon for FreeBSD available for downnload, but no longer.  Various
> > developers at @highwind.com also used to participate on the lists.
>
> Yes, they have. Supposedly because FreeBSD's thread system isn't good
> enough. As a result of this, we're moving away from Typhoon to an all-
> Diablo solution.
>
> Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaug@nethelp.no

  Yes, but as far as I can tell, Diablo doesn't support article
compression.  In fact, as far as I know, only the Typhoon family supports
spool compression.  I want to use article compression to extend my spool
space a bit.  Of course I'm hoping that a dual 1ghz machine with a GB of
RAM can actually compress and uncompress that much data each day.

Tom