Date:      Tue, 5 Nov 2013 00:12:50 -0800
From:      Garrett Cooper <yaneurabeya@gmail.com>
To:        "R. Tyler Croy" <tyler@monkeypox.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-testing@freebsd.org" <freebsd-testing@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Low-hanging fruit for noobies?

On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 4:53 PM, R. Tyler Croy <tyler@monkeypox.org> wrote:
> I've been following jmmv's work for a while, but haven't taken the plunge into
> playing with Kyua at all.
>
> Is there a list of low-hanging fruit, or easy test cases that could be
> implemented as a gentle introduction, or is it still too early in the process
> for that?
>
> I've already looked through the https://wiki.freebsd.org/TestSuite page, but
> I'm not sure where I could jump in and try my hand at writing some cases.

    The easiest thing that could probably be done is take the work I
did with prove.test.mk, py-nose.test.mk, and py-unittest.test.mk (on
github) and make it work with the direction that jmmv is proposing for
atf/kyua with kyua being the unified top-level driver/reporting engine
for testing on FreeBSD. py*.mk needs polishing, but prove.test.mk is
"ready for production" (I've been using it for some time for the stuff
in tools/regression that I didn't fully port over to ATF).
Cheers!
-Garrett