Date:      Sat, 2 Nov 1996 21:02:22 -0600 (CST)
From:      Dan Walters <hannibal@cyberstation.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Anyone using afterstep?

I'm using afterstep 1.0pre1, from the ports collection - probably about
once or twice a day it tends to just lock up.  All other apps still run
find, but of course I can't switch windows, the window manager keys don't
work, mouse pointer is stuck in some non-client area of the windows
(like the title bar,) etc. (In other words, it seems to be the WM.)  I've
asked on the afterstep list, and none of them seem to be having problems,
so I'm assuming it's something to do with FreeBSD (I'm sure they are all
in Linux.)  I'm running 2.2-CURRENT, last make world was about a week ago,
XFree86 3.2 (it happened on 3.1.2G too.)  I compiled with debugging and
did a kill -11 to get a coredump just a second ago, but it didn't have a
call stack so it didn't help me much.  I don't really know how to go about
debugging a WM.  :)  Is this happening to anyone else?  Any ideas?

Dan Walters
hannibal@cyberstation.net