Date:      Thu, 23 Jan 2003 13:18:35 -0800
From:      Bill Huey (Hui) <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org>
To:        "Georg-W. Koltermann" <g.w.k@web.de>
Cc:        Fritz Heinrichmeyer <Fritz.Heinrichmeyer@FernUni-Hagen.de>, freebsd-java@freebsd.org, "Bill Huey (Hui)" <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org>
Subject:   Re: Any working combination of jdk and tomcat with stable

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 10:11:01PM +0100, Georg-W. Koltermann wrote:
> Tomcat 4.1.18 dumps core with hotspot, I believe this is the same
> location in gethostbyaddr() that was reported in thread
> http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=0+0+archive/2002/freebsd-java/20021201.freebsd-java
> however I haven't found time to try the suggested fix.  I currently run
> Tomcat 4.1.18 with the classic VM, which works just fine.

I'll get to fixing that pretty soon. Hopefully, new patch release system
will be put into place so that interaction with the user base will be
easier. That would make things much easier for me to pump out to the
public for testing and I've been sitting on some stuff for a while
that's trivial to finish, but I haven't done so just yet.

Hmmm, I'm suggesting that minor OS revisions will still have a formal
patch set for it, but the CVS system should take distribution of immediate
bug fixes and stuff related to things in between minor OS revision. It's
parallels -stable for formal patch releases and the cvs for cvsup-ing the
OS rest of the time.

bill