Date:      Mon, 21 Jan 2008 20:49:40 -0500
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi+kde@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        "Kirk Davis" <kirk.davis@epsb.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BlackBerry (Re: using libusb)

On =EF=EE=ED=E5=E4=B3=EB=EE=EA 21 =F1=B3=F7=E5=ED=FC 2008, Kirk Davis wrote:
=3D I don't think it is a conscious effort on anyone's part to make it
=3D different, it is just a port of an older Linux version that does not yet
=3D have all the newer features.

Of course not. All I'm urging is a conscious effort to keep it the same...

=3D The Linux way is not always the best way IMHO. =A0A lot of the features=
 and
=3D libraries in Linux have grown out of necessity rather that good plannin=
g.

Agreed. But Linux is the de-facto standard. If someone like Research in Mot=
ion=20
(makers of BlackBerry) or Nokia decides to release a Linux-version of the=20
software for their devices, FreeBSD better run it -- even if=20
our /alternative/ methods of talking to the same devices is better...

	-mi