Date:      Wed, 7 Aug 2013 19:43:33 +0200
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Rainer Hurling <rhurlin@gwdg.de>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Port problems after r253839 on HEAD

--0FM4RQAc0jwHekq5

On Wed, Aug 07, 2013 at 07:28:41PM +0200, Rainer Hurling wrote:
> After introducing r253839 on HEAD (/head/contrib/binutils/ld/ldmain.c),
> I recognized some wired behaviour in the ports system on my CURRENT boxes.
>=20
> Some of the ports do not build anymore. They print almost similar
> messages about an ld problem (invalid DSO for symbol 'xxx' definition),
> followed by the lib, which symbols are not found.
>=20
> With a recent 10.0-CURRENT (at least r253839) you can try this for
> example with the following two ports:
>=20
normally I had tracked down all those ports, except if you are building them
with nom default options,

What that means is basically the said ports are missing some -lbla in ldfla=
gs,

The missing ones are those listed in the line following the DSO bla
in nano for example the first failure means -liconv is missing.

I afk until 24th so I can't commit any fix to the said ports.
There were properly building in my exp-run for the said change, meaning eit=
her
you build with non default options im that case the port requires a fix or
perhaps your ports tree is not uptodate, in particular lots of those failur=
es
are fixed by the recent glib update.

regards,
Bapt