Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 1996 09:40:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>
To:        freebsd-bugs
Subject:   Re: kern/965: 2.0.5 daily crash: multiple frees in if_ppp.c

The following reply was made to PR kern/965; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>
To: fortin@zap.qc.ca
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 1996 10:34:29 -0700

 > >Number:         965
 > >Category:       kern
 > >Synopsis:       2.0.5: system crashes daily because of "multiple frees" in if_ppp.c

 Can you upgrade this box to 2.1?  I'm running a 2.1 box with 2 full-time
 PPP connections (one incoming, one outgoing) and it had a 30+ day uptime
 until I rebooted it to install the arp-patch Bill Fenner made Friday.

 2.1 has worked very well for me, but I'm also not seeing the kind of
 loads you're seeing.

 Nate