Date:      Mon, 19 Mar 2001 09:44:00 +0100
From:      Zsolt Kuti <kuti@cetelem.hu>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: WOW!

"Brian J. Sletten" wrote:

Hi!
Just some points to this good news.

> I just downloaded JavaWebStart and it works beautifully under >FreeBSD w/ Linux emulation (4.3 BETA).
With 4.1 also.

> Note, this will probably only work with the Linux communicator.
I use it with the native ;)

>I modded the install script to point to /compat/linux/bin/bash; >everything else worked out of the box. There are a page of >applications to download too.
I changed it to ksh then hand-tuned the jws config file, as the
install made some mess in it. It was easy to figure out that, but
I can't remember the details (some paths were incorrectly formed).
I made jws to use our native jdk1.2.2 (not ceasing to thank enough
for the porters :-), but you could use any available jre, of
course.

By adjusting your jnlp files you can control what jre jws will use
for running a given application.

Zsolt