Date:      Sat, 29 Apr 1995 12:35:53 -0400 (EDT)
From:      jfieber@cs.smith.edu (John Fieber)
To:        pvinci@ix.netcom.com (Paul Vinciguerra)
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: having some troubles...

Paul Vinciguerra writes:
> &rsgq ,&lsqb don't work and [] work *sometimes* 8^)

That should be &rsqb; and &lsqb; and I just checked and the do
work for me...

> sgmlformat doesn't work right ...
>
> compile config.sgml (attached) as -html and as -ascii then look at the
> CPU section...  Where did the lines on the .txt version go?

See below.

> A system configuration file must contains the following:
> <itemize>
> </itemize></p>

The creation of "mini-menus" should be left to the processing
program.  As you will see in the latest sgmlformat incartation,
this menu becomes redundant in the HTML output.

> .. or a single kernel can be built to run on any of multiple CPU's

Lines starting with a period trip up the ascii output because it
goes through groff.  This is a bug but until it is fixed, just be
careful to avoid this.

> <quote>
> ..<newline>
> </quote>

Ditto.

> The options directive instructs the compiler to include optional code
> in the kernel.  For example:<newline><verb>
> options		"CHILD_MAX=128"
> options		"OPEN_MAX=128"
> options		MATH_EMULATE		#Support for x87 emulation
> #options        GPL_MATH_EMULATE        #Support for x87 emualtion via
> options		"COMPAT_43"

[etc...]

This need to be laced with text describing what the options are
for and why one might want them in their kernel.

And same here.

> If you're going to run PPP you need to add the following lines:
> <verb>
> pseudo-device	ppp	2		#Point-to-point protocol
> </verb>or if it's synchronous PPP, use:<verb>

This last line causes a problem (although it shouldn't). Just
insert a carriage return after the </verb>.

-john