Date:      Mon, 25 Nov 2019 08:14:09 +0100
From:      Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Long-shot: repeatable macOS samba share unmounting during Lightroom import

On 2019-11-24 21:01, Chris Gordon wrote:

Just my 2c...

> Since updating to Catalina, I've found lots of problems dealing with SMB using the Finder window and the items under the Locations side bar.  For instance:
> - Mount a share.  At some point overnight when nothing is using it, the share is unmounted.  I can't find anything in the logs to say why, when, what, etc.  Just unmounted.

I've got a customer who apparently is hit by the same problem: he boots
his Mac in the morning and says in the afternoon (some of?) the shares
are disconnected with no apparent reasons.
I've yet to go and investigate this, but:
a) I *think* (not sure) he uses the side bar (although I told him to use
Command-K);
b) his Mac has NOT been upgraded to Catalina yet.

  bye
	av.