Date:      Sat, 18 Jul 1998 17:40:38 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Feldman <green@zone.baldcom.net>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
Cc:        Bill Fenner <fenner@parc.xerox.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: State of current...

Yes, this was the exact problem. The atomic = 1; assignment caused quite a
large amount of breakage, mainly with X geometry calls, etc. using
localhost:0.0, I.E. using tcp port 6000 for communication rather than
the /tmp X11 socket.  I am still experiencing intermittent complaints from
WindowMaker of the same vein as those reported for other apps, however
WindowMaker doesn't seem to crash at all, and seems to be the only program
still exhibiting problems. Will investigate more....

Brian Feldman
green@zone.baldcom.net