Date:      Sun, 16 Sep 2001 08:12:26 -0800
From:      Beech Rintoul <akbeech@anchoragerescue.org>
To:        ann kok <annkok2001@yahoo.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: firewall

On Sunday 16 September 2001 05:39 am, ann kok wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Can a freebsd box be function as firewall 'ipfilter'
> and as routing from cable modem together?
>
> If it can, is there any security issues?
>
> Thank you

Yes, you can set up the box to do both. As for security issues I would
strongly suggest reading "Building Internet Firewalls" as there are many ways
to configure your network depending on your situation, and no universal
answer. You have to decide how much security you need.

Beech
--
Micro$oft: "Where can we make you go today?"
     Beech Rintoul - IT Manager - Instructor - akbeech@anchoragerescue.org