Date:      Thu, 04 Dec 1997 19:13:20 -0500
From:      Ken Key <key@cs.utk.edu>
To:        Brad Karp <karp@eecs.harvard.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.2-STABLE boot floppy that supports PCMCIA ed card?

Hi Brad,

   what I learned was that v2.2-STABLE does not have PCMCIA direct support,
only a few enablers.  What I ended up doing was to boot my TP-560 off
of the v2.2.2-PAO boot floppy, go under the options editor and set the
release name to 2.2-97MMDD-SNAP, go under the Media Type and set it to
FTP via URL to the releng22.freebsd.org SNAP server.  I then cvsup'ed
the RELENG_2_2, made the world, and fixed up things in /etc.  I also
had to install the RELENG_2_2 /stand/sysinstal to replace the PAO
sysinstall that was put onto the system.

But this was all predicated on v2.2.2-PAO working with my LinkSys Combo.
Mine shows the Idents of "E-CARD", "E-CARD", which PAO listed as untested
and warns me about, but did work for me.  Your mail said that PAO boot
floppy didn't like your copy of the card, so that doesn't help you.
You might want to build a fixed PAO boot floppy that grok's your card
on your running system.

BTW, I only tried to use it on IRQ 10 or IRQ 11 on PAO.  Trying to use it
on IRQ 15 on 2.2-STABLE, which should have been free, failed to work.
Also, I added an ed0 at 0x300 to version of the PCCARD kernel as my
LinkSys will only configure to 0x300 and 0x320.

regards,
K^2  (key@cs.utk.edu)