Date:      Tue, 16 Jun 1998 11:38:01 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
To:        net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   [Olaf Menzel: TCP enhancements]

------- start of forwarded message (RFC 934 encapsulation) -------
From: Olaf Menzel <Olaf.Menzel@gmd.de>
To: FreeBSDNet <wollman@FreeBSD.org>
Cc: question@FreeBSD.org
Subject: TCP enhancements
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 13:26:41 +0200

Dear Garrett Wollman,
- ------------------

I am a newcomer with a BSD system but I need a BSD system for my diplom.
I have to test the performance of TCP over satellite channels. In one of the
TCP mailing lists I read NetBSD supports some of the TCP enhancements like
"large windows! - RFC1323, selective acks, fast recovery and fast
retransmit....etc. I have innstalled NetBSD but I didn't have succes with
NetBSD because there absolutely no documentation available and the "rial and
error"method  costs a lot of time.

My question to you:
Does FreeBSD supports the same TCP features like NetBSD does ?
Then I would rather install FreeBSD because it is much more easier to
administrate and there is dokumentation avaiable.

Thank you for your help

with regards

Olaf Menzel

satellite group of  network dept. GMD ( www.gmd.de)