Date:      Thu, 17 Oct 1996 11:44:47 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        nate@mt.sri.com (Nate Williams), jkh@time.cdrom.com, jehamby@lightside.com, jsigmon@www.hsc.wvu.edu, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 2.2.x release question

[ Me breaking the tree in the name of 'progress', but passing off the
responsibility of fixing it on others.
]

> > Needless to say, this attitude won't buy me any friends.
>
> Nonsense.  I fully support you, if you can show that this is truly "the
> right direction".  I kind of doubt you can do that, but I'm willing
> to give you the benefit of the doubt.

It *is* the right direction, but it might not be the 'best'
implementation.  (As a matter of fact, it isn't. :)

Doing things for the 'right reason' is *rarely* a good way to run a
business.

> We all know that true progrees comes only trough revolution, not evolution;
> if we didn't believe this, we'd all be doing our research SCO, since
> their CDROM is $20 cheaper than the FreeBSD CDROM.

And the fact that you can't do research w/out access to source code
makes it almost wholly impossible.

Nate