Date:      Tue, 3 Jan 2012 20:30:21 -0800
From:      Edward Carrel <azanar@carrel.org>
To:        Damien Fleuriot <ml@my.gd>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, Da Rock <freebsd-questions@herveybayaustralia.com.au>
Subject:   Re: pf not seeing inbound packets on netgraph interface

On Jan 3, 2012, at 12:12 AM, Damien Fleuriot wrote:

> Thinking -pf@ or -net@ would be a better place to discuss this, more =
chances of getting an answer.

I was wondering about that. I'll send my question to -net@ to start. =
Thanks.

> Out of curiosity why not use a gif interface ?
> I had that working just fine with racoon and was able to actually =
firewall traffic on it with PF, iirc.

=46rom what I understand of gif interfaces, they are useful when IPSec =
is handling the tunnel pretty much end-to-end, and just needs a =
passthrough interface to direct traffic to and from. If I am wrong about =
this, please let me know.

The reason why I'm using netgraph instead is because the LNS is not run =
by me, and there is no other way of connecting to the other end but via =
L2TP/IPSec.=20

If there is a way to use L2TP, and leverage a gif interface to complete =
the loop on my end, I'd be interested to hear about it.

Thanks,

Ed Carrel=