Date:      Tue, 8 Sep 1998 22:04:39 -0500 (EST)
From:      Andriss <andriss@argate.com>
To:        David James <davidj@zip.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: root account has been renamed?

Alright, this may seem strange, but this is
the first thing that comes to mind...

Did you use pico to edit your password file?
You see, one of the versions of pine
inserts capital U in the beginning of a file
that pico saves.. sometimes it's just one
U, though I think it's usually more than that.

If this is not the case, I would be alarmed
about system security...

Andriss

Andriss@ArGate.com     http://ArGate.com