Date:      Mon, 01 Apr 2002 11:12:37 +0200
From:      Borje Josefsson <bj@dc.luth.se>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Winmodem question

Hello,

I am trying to get FreeBSD 4.5 working on a Toshiba Portege 2000. So far =

so good (sound, X, built-in wavelan etc works fine), but I haven't got th=
e =

winmodem to work. Since I haven't had a laptop with a winmodem before, I =

am not really sure what to do...

Under Windows the modem is shown as "Toshiba software modem AMR", =

manufacturer "LT" and uses the driver "LTSM.SYS", so I guess it is a =

Lucent modem.

I have installed the ltmdm port without problems, and the module loads =

without a comment, but the modem doesn't respond:

root@porter 42# tip winmodem
tip: /dev/cual0: Device not configured
link down

I have seen some mails describing "winmodem" being displayed by dmesg, bu=
t =

I see no such thing, the one I guess is the winmodem is the following:

pci0: <unknown card> (vendor=3D0x1179, dev=3D0x0805) at 18.0 irq 11

What have I forgotten to do to make the winmodem to work??

--Borje

PS Is there an equivalent to the Linux toshutils (Toshiba utilities) =

available for FreeBSD??