Date:      Tue, 29 Jun 1999 18:07:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ben Manes <anarchy@crl.com>
To:        Lanny Baron <lnb@freedom.cybertouch.org>
Cc:        * Orizio <orizio@zipmail.com.br>, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to formating a floppy disk ?

> how formating a floppies disk from FreeBSD
> what kind? Microsoft or Unix ?

I believe you use the make format command. I believe its mkfmt, but I'm
just as new so I don't remember. Also, when using it you add a switch to
tell it what file system, and then a destination. Look at the man page
for it.

> and how read a EXT2FS in this great system ?

Here you use the mount command. I believe it would look like mount -t
ext2 /dev/(unit) (destination dir). then you use umount to unmount the
partition.  Read the man pages, they really help!