Date:      Mon, 18 Oct 2004 16:10:14 -0500
From:      "Micheal Patterson" <micheal@tsgincorporated.com>
To:        "Dmitry Chorine" <dmitryc@heartbeatdigital.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: vpn

.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dmitry Chorine" <dmitryc@heartbeatdigital.com>
To: <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Sent: Monday, October 18, 2004 1:56 PM
Subject: vpn

Hello

I need to be able to connect to my FreeBSD server using VPN client that
comes with Windows 2000/XP.

1) I would like to be able to surf internet but I don't want others to
see my real public IP, only public IP of my FreeBSD server.
2) Is it possible to use only software part that comes with FreeBSD
itself? Without installing any 3rd party applications even from ports?
(like I found in handbook how to do side-to-side vpn) but I need to be
able to "dial-in" using windows's client.

Thanks in advance

mpd from ports will terminate 128bit pptp connections via freebsd with the
native Windows 2000/XP pptp client. I use it all the time. That would be the
only thing you will need to intall and it's server side only.

"    Multi-link PPP capability
      PAP, CHAP, and MS-CHAP authentication
      PPP compression and encryption
      Point-to-Point Tunnelling Protocol (PPTP)
      PPP over Ethernet (PPPoE)
      RADIUS (authentication and accounting)
"

--

Micheal Patterson
Senior Communications Systems Engineer

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments,
copies of the original message