Date:      Wed, 25 Feb 2004 11:38:28 +0300
From:      DerAlSem <DerAlSem@inbox.ru>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   NIC's, aliases, speed limits.

Hello freebsd-newbies,

  I'm not sure, if i choose right mailing list. So, sorry in advance.
  ;-)

  I've got internet via cable. My ISP limits speed to 128 kb\s in, and
  1024 kb\s out. If i have two computers and two NIC, sum of their
  speed will be twice as normal. So if i add second nic to my FreeBSD
  server, is there a way, to get speed of 256 kb\s on workstation,
  attached to server? Or, may be, i just can buy an additional IP from
  my ISP and assign it to 1st NIC via alias? Also, i'm interested in
  getting UPLOAD speed x2 too. Just direct me to man page, or, may
  be, some another online FAQ. I've got some info, but that's not
  enough to answer my questions.

--
Best regards,
 DerAlSem                          mailto:DerAlSem@inbox.ru