Date:      Wed, 30 Jan 2002 21:53:03 -0600
From:      Scott Corey <scott@bsdprophet.org>
To:        Heiko Recktenwald <uzs106@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bla.bz2, what is that ?

man bzip2

Heiko Recktenwald wrote:

> Hi, it is a question but an extremly trivial more or less untechnical:
> I saw some files with the extension bz2. bunzip was wrong.
> It seems to be a rather common format, what is it, how can I decode it ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> H.

To those accustomed to the precise, structured methods of conventional
system development, exploratory development techniques may seem messy,
inelegant, and unsatisfying.  But it's a question of congruence:
precision and flexibility may be just as dysfunctional in novel,
uncertain situations as sloppiness and vacillation are in familiar,
well-defined ones.  Those who admire the massive, rigid bone structures
of dinosaurs should remember that jellyfish still enjoy their very
secure ecological niche.