Date:      Sat, 5 May 2001 14:56:47 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Chad R. Larson" <chad@DCFinc.com>
To:        imp@harmony.village.org (Warner Losh)
Cc:        freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Agenda Computing

As I recall, Warner Losh wrote:
> In message <200105051936.MAA22695@freeway.dcfinc.com>
>: "Chad R. Larson" writes:
>: The CPU is a 66MHz NEC VR4118 series, so we would have to start
>: with the NetBSD hpmips port, I guess.
>
> Are you sure that isn't the Vr4181?  That comes in a 66MHz model.

Yep.  Sorry, my typo.

> The hpcmips port might not be a bad place to start, but it would
> require also lots of toolchain support, lots of other things.

I'd imagine porting the toolchain items from the Agenda web site,
and/or from the Linux-VR project (www.linux-vr.org).

> And if you were wanting to burn it into the unit, ala Linux, then
> you'd have to get the initialization code from linux, something that
> might be hard to obtain.  I don't know how much of the system comes
> with source.

The kernel is absolutely stock from the Linux-VR project.  The X11
port (with custom widgets) and =all= the applications code are on a
CVS repository at Agenda, accessable by members of the developer's
goup.

The developer's unit has 16MB of flash memory and 8MB of SDRAM.  You
load it up with PMON.

> Warner

	-crl
--
Chad R. Larson (CRL15)   602-953-1392   Brother, can you paradigm?
chad@dcfinc.com         chad@larsons.org          larson1@home.com