Date:      Tue, 5 Jan 1999 11:27:52 -0500 (EST)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@hotjobs.com>
To:        "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@visi.com>
Cc:        Blaz Zupan <blaz@gold.amis.net>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Kernel cannot mount root with new bootblocks

On Tue, 5 Jan 1999, Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:

> In light of all the boot problems I have seen, are there still plans to go
> ELF Kernel tomorrow?  I think you will see that people are going to take a
> wait and see aproach with CURRENT if this happens.

Naw, lets have the commiters walking on eggshells supporting both targets
until the next release.  I'm sure they're really keen on that. :)

I've noticed most all the problems people have been experiancing can be
attributed to user error, not programming error, the boot blocks work fine
and are extremely configuable.  Unfortunatly the only documentation
available at this point is this list archive.

-Alfred