Date:      Tue, 31 Jan 2017 14:58:59 -0600
From:      Dan Wood <dwood@vaul-tec.net>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   SVN_UPDATE not respected by /usr/ports/Makefile?

Using a fresh install of FreeBSD 11.0-RELEASE-p1, I was trying to use =
/usr/bin/svnlite as a ports upgrade.=20

I've set SVN_UPDATE=3Dyes and SVN=3D/usr/bin/svnlite in /etc/make.conf =
IAW the manfile for make.conf, but running 'make update' within =
/usr/ports seems to try portsnap regardless.

I haven't preseeded /usr/ports/ with svnlite, but I'm wondering if =
there's any guidance regarding using svnlite or if there's a pending =
update to the portion of the ports documentation regarding svn that =
reflects svnlite as part of the base install.

--=20
Dan Wood=