Date:      Tue, 20 May 1997 18:52:07 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb>
To:        danny@panda.hilink.com.au (Daniel O'Callaghan)
Cc:        jmb@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-isp@hub.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NS and MX records

Daniel O'Callaghan wrote:

> The slogan for this campaign is: "Even if a site is not reachable, it
> should be resolvable."

	yes, that's it !

> I have written a small program which runs as a sendmail "|prog" (same as
> majordomo).  It allows authorised remote hostmasters to update the
> records of their secondary NS - list, add, delete domains.
>
> If people would like to look at it it can be found at:
> ftp.hilink.com.au:/pub/autodns-1.0.tgz
>
> It is a work in progress, and I have ideas for 1.1, but comments are most
> welcome.
>
> The other gripe some hostmasters have is hostmasters who remove a zone
> from their ns, but don't delete it at the parent zone file.  There are
> ridiculous numbers of lame delegations out there now, and InterNIC sent
> me a terse message saying effectively, "bugger off!" when I asked them to
> do something about it.

	teh InterNIC is a purely for profit company now owned by
	SAIC (network solutions inc owned by saic, not the internic
	function itself)    a high officer of nsi and his saic "handler"
	spoke at a meeting of the washingotn dc branch of the internet
	society....the upshot was "we are hear to make money, you geeks
	did a nice job of buidling the net.  time to get serious now.
	all you geeks go the f.... away."

	they were not well received.  this attitude must have contributed
	to the NSF annoucement that NSI's contract to provide
	services will not be renewed.
jmb