Date:      Fri, 8 Mar 2002 23:20:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      Boris Popov <bp@butya.kz>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/35649: mount_smbfs(8) page: "See ./examples/dot.nsmbrc for details."

The following reply was made to PR docs/35649; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Boris Popov <bp@butya.kz>
To: Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
Cc: Ceri <setantae@submonkey.net>, bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: docs/35649: mount_smbfs(8) page: "See ./examples/dot.nsmbrc for
 details."
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 13:17:40 +0600 (ALMT)

 On Fri, 8 Mar 2002, Peter Pentchev wrote:

 > >  I have /usr/src/contrib/smbfs/examples/dot.nsmbrc on my system.
 > >  It should probably get installed to /usr/share/examples though.
 >
 > OK, how about the following patch?
 >
 > However, this includes a patch to src/contrib/smbfs/, which is not
 > something we should really be doing.  This message is CC'd to
 > Boris Popov, the author of the FreeBSD smbfs code; Boris, could you
 > look at this PR and see if you like the proposed change to
 > the mount_smbfs.8 manual page?  I know that this will probably require
 > a patch to the port, since it either does not install this sample
 > file, or at least does not install it under /usr/share/examples/
 > However, the original poster's claim that ./examples/dot.nsmbrc is
 > not quite what the manual page should mention sounds about right for me :)

 	Yes, this path is somewhat incorrect and update to mount_smbfs.8
 is required. However an example of dor.nsmbrc file already installed as
 /etc/nsmb.conf. The syntax of both files are the same with exception that
 system-wide configuration file will override equal settings in the per
 account dot.nsmbrc file.

 --
 Boris Popov
 http://rbp.euro.ru