Date:      Wed, 26 Jul 2000 19:20:38 +0200
From:      Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>
To:        "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@nwlink.com>, cjclark@alum.mit.edu
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Language for Modeling Mechanical System

At 10:21 AM -0700 2000/7/26, Jason C. Wells wrote:

>  Ughh! I haven't heard much good about Fortran. To be fair, I have never
>  looked at it. I hear that the syntax is _very_ terse. I will take a closer
>  look at it.

	Note that Perl has some libraries for doing mathematical
operations on arbitrarily large floating point and integer objects.
I wouldn't be surprised at all if there were higher-level libraries
for doing integrations and other higher-level operations.

Brad Knowles, <blk@skynet.be>                || Belgacom Skynet SA/NV
Systems Architect, Mail/News/FTP/Proxy Admin || Rue Colonel Bourg, 124
Phone/Fax: +32-2-706.13.11/12.49             || B-1140 Brussels
http://www.skynet.be                         || Belgium