Date:      Wed, 09 Dec 1998 14:24:49 +0300
From:      "Andrew A.Karjagin" <Andrew.Karjagin@tdis.gctc.rssi.ru>
To:        isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   iijppp problem

    Good morning, sirs!
I want to make a dialup server with ppp. I had install iijppp program,
make a kernel with tun device, ./MAKEDEV tun0 and everything, that was
described at HandBook. I am not use pap or chap authentication. The
ppp-user uid is 1000 and gid is 69 (network). But when I try to dial-in
with user-ppp, server answer me near:
    You can't use a label ttyd0    (The device ttyd0 was made by
MAKEDEV)
If  I add "allow users user-ppp" at ppp.conf file - everything is OK!
Why so?
Thank you for help!