Date:      Wed, 26 Jun 2002 12:59:30 +0200
From:      lupe@lupe-christoph.de (Lupe Christoph)
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Binary upgrade available

On Tuesday, 2002-06-25 at 19:44:43 -0600, Brett Glass wrote:
> Thanks to Jeroen, a binary package that updates the OpenSSH in the base
> FreeBSD install to 3.3p1 is available at

Thanks for the package, *but* ;-)

It hangs trying to resolve the client address when I activate privsep.
I have a few Debian machines; this does not happen with the Debian
package. I can't strace it far enough to see what's happening.
Putting an /etc/hosts into the jail does not help. A resolv.conf does.

Strange, hum? I suppose the Linux code takes a slightly different path.
I don't run nscd on the Linux boxen. So they must access resolv.conf
earlier.

Maybe the package should copy /etc/resolv.conf to
/usr/empty/etc/resolv.conf.

Are other users of this package experiencing the same delay?

Lupe Christoph
--
| lupe@lupe-christoph.de       |           http://www.lupe-christoph.de/ |
| I have challenged the entire ISO-9000 quality assurance team to a      |