Date:      Fri, 11 May 2001 15:40:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mark Handley <mjh@aciri.org>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/25104: file corruption with Adaptec 29160 SCSI adapter

The following reply was made to PR kern/25104; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Mark Handley <mjh@aciri.org>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org, mjh@aciri.org
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 15:30:32 -0700

 I've now replaced the Asus A7V motherboard with the new Asus A7A266
 which has an ALi south bridge instead of the Via 82C686A.  The rest of
 the system is unchanged.  The problem has now gone away.
 Thus I conclude that Via's south bridge is most likely the problem, and
 that this is unlikely to be a FreeBSD
 issue, and very unlikely to be a SCSI problem.

 I think this Problem Report can be closed now.

 Cheers,
            Mark