Date:      Thu, 6 Sep 2001 12:24:57 +0900 (JST)
From:      Toshihiko ARAI <toshi@jp.FreeBSD.org>
To:        Katsushi Kobayashi <ikob@koganei.wide.ad.jp>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Firewire driver available

+ Katsushi Kobayashi wrote:

> Anyway, I can add the new chipset to the liist of supporting chipset,
> if we get volunteer.

I have small data, device of vendor=0x104c, dev=0x8021 seems to be
"TSB43AA22 Integrated 1394a-2000 OHCI PHY/Link Layer Controller".
http://focus.ti.com/docs/prod/productfolder.jhtml?genericPartNumber=TSB43AA22

It is used with the following machine at least:

VAIO PCG-R505/ABW
/kernel: pci1: <unknown card> (vendor=0x104c, dev=0x8021) at 0.0 irq 3

VAIO PCG-C1VS
none2@pci0:8:0: class=0x0c0010 card=0x80b2104d chip=0x8021104c rev=0x02 hdr=0x00

Because both added it to probe routine of fwohci, the device was
recognized.  As for PCG-C1VS, DVTS seems to have worked.  However,
both is firewire driver of 4.x base.

By the way, alias of firewire was i.LINK and IEEE1394, but the FreeBSD
people selected it as firewire?

--
Toshihiko ARAI