Date:      Fri, 11 Jul 1997 16:06:23 +0200
From:      Michael Beckmann <beckmann@nacamar.de>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MO drive

At 18:50 11.07.97 +0930, you wrote:

>> test: {46} disklabel -rwB od0 auto
>> test: {47} newfs /dev/rod0c
>> newfs: ioctl (GDINFO): Invalid argument
>> newfs: /dev/rod0c: can't read disk label; disk type must be specified
>
>Are you doing this on the console?  Are there any (other?) error messages
>that you're not showing?

I am doing that via telnet. There are no other messages from the above
command; but when I try to enter /stand/sysinstall I get a message

od0: oops not queued

on the console and sysinstall exits silently.

>It looks as though there may be some problem with 1024-byte sectors;
>Soren would know about that. (cc'd) I'm using an MO here with 512byte
>sectors, so I can't think of anything else (other than maybe that your
>disk is write-protected?).

I am not aware of 2.6 GB media with 512 byte blocks.
Maybe I need some extra kernel options to support 1024 byte/sec ?

Michael