Date:      Tue, 17 Aug 1999 14:08:44 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at>
To:        Bruce Albrecht <bruce@zuhause.mn.org>
Cc:        Alan Cox <alc@cs.rice.edu>, emulation@freebsd.org, freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: wine and SMP

On Fri, 30 Jul 1999, Bruce Albrecht wrote:
> There should be a note added to the wine port to say that it doesn't
> work for SMP kernels in 3.2.  I guess it's time to start following
> -current again.

This is very bad. I'm constantly facing the choice of running -STABLE
and incomplete Linux and Windows emulation or having to go -CURRENT.

In the former case users will complain about the inability to run legacy
stuff or stuff where there is not FreeBSD version, in the later case they
(probably) will complain about lack of stability.

It's bad enough that I have to recompile the kernel to support Wine, but
not supporting Wine on current hardware with official releases is really
a bad thing[TM].

Gerald