Date:      Tue, 26 Dec 1995 07:37:43 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Jack Burnett McAlister <burnett@primenet.com>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Volunteer

That's great!  We have a lot of projects that could really use the
help!

Could you perhaps tell us a little bit more about your areas of
interest?  We've learned by experience that volunteers aren't simply
generic resources who can be pointed at any old task and expected to
do it - they need to be directed at things that genuinely *interest*
them or the motivation just won't be there, to say nothing of the
degree of enjoyment that we'd like everyone to be able to derive from
their work with this project.

Though it has grown fairly "serious" in the last year or so, we
started this project essentially for recreation, being the software
hobbiests that we are.  I'd like to keep that purpose alive for as
long as possible, and the best way of doing so is to foster the
development of a team of volunteers who are all essentially enjoying
what they doing.

To sum it up - yes, we'd love to have you aboard!  What would you LIKE
to do?

Best regards,

					Jordan