Date:      Sun, 17 Jun 2001 14:30:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Gottfried_Gan=DFauge?= <ganssauge@gmx.de>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: gnu/18672: std::basic_string<unsigned char>::c_str() doesn't compile

The following reply was made to PR gnu/18672; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Gottfried_Gan=DFauge?= <ganssauge@gmx.de>
To: <freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org>, "Ich" <ganssauge@gmx.de>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 23:26:12 +0200

 No I didn't.
 It was already being addressed in the new libstdc++-Project.
 The latest gcc-3.0 snapshot does not have a problem with that code (if you
 add "using namespace std;" at the proper place).
 My motivation at that time (it's only 13 months since then) was a fix within
 the frame of the FreeBSD project, because that
 was my primary development platform at that time and I'm still doing cvsup
 and build/install world on a regular basis.
 Don't get me wrong, I personally don't mind to install a patched version of
 that header myself on my own machine,
 but I absolutely hate it when I need to reinstall that patch every so often.
 So if it's not an option to make that fix within the FreeBSD copy of the
 GNU-Sources, please close the PR.

 Cheers,

 Gottfried