Date:      Thu, 21 Mar 2002 16:27:28 +0100
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        arch@freebsd.org
Cc:        Garrett Rooney <rooneg@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject:   Diffutils

I'd like to backout this change in order to put us back in line with what's
the whole wolrd is using: plain diffutils 2.7.

It doesn't buy us anything that I know of (something that could be fine)
and makes us incompatible with the rest of the world which is using plain
diffutils and more, makes us more difficult to port something on.

The example I have is subversion (CVS successor wanabee) which rely on a
plain diffutils diff/diff3. This is force us to install textproc/diffutils
just for that and is a special just for FreeBSD for IMO no good reason.

PS : and no, I don't want my bikeshed green.

green       2000/07/24 00:40:02 PDT

  Modified files:
    contrib/diff         util.c
  Log:
  Get rid of the stupid bug where diff sticks trash in your generated
  diff output; there being no trailing newline caused it to bitch and
  moan and ruin diffs.  That's dumb, if I may say so myself.

  Yes, this file is coming off the vendor branch.  It hasn't been
  updated in 6 years.

  Approved by:  peter

  Revision  Changes    Path
  1.3       +2 -3      src/contrib/diff/util.c