Date:      Mon, 1 Sep 2014 09:45:25 -0700
From:      Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@freebsd.org>
To:        Ivan Voras <ivoras@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-pkg@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pkg crashing?

On Mon, Sep 1, 2014 at 3:19 AM, Ivan Voras <ivoras@freebsd.org> wrote:
> I don't force pkg version so it's always the latest, 1.3.7. It does
> seem that it could be a local issue, I have some bad experiences with
> pkg recently.

OK.  You should still report the version every time you report a problem,
because pkg development is fast moving.  In the past few months, there
are a lot of
minor releases which fix problems (and break a few things along the way :).

It is also useful to provide information about your system such as if you
upgraded only with packages from pkg.freebsd.org,
or if you built any ports yourself.

You might want to see if doing:

pkg update -f
pkg upgrade -y