Date:      Thu, 27 Jan 2000 12:36:09 +0200
From:      Tim Priebe <tim@polytechnic.edu.na>
To:        Larry Berland <stuyman@confusion.net>, isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Colocation bandwidthcost predictions

On Wed, 26 Jan 2000, Larry Berland wrote:
> I'm looking for some information on cost of bandiwdth in a colo
situation,
> especially predictions of future costs in 5-10 years as well as near
term
> (1-4 years). If anyone has such information or knows of a place where
> can get it, please let me know
>

> Thanks in advance,
> Laurence

We are working in an exponential growth industry, that growth rate will
not continue forever,  but to predict prices for 5-10 years from now is
nothing but pure speculation, and is likely to be off by orders of
magnitude. For 1-4 years be conservative, assume the prices will remain
the same. You will still need to review your budget regularly.

Tim.