Date:      Tue, 07 Sep 1999 12:02:51 -0700
From:      Eric Hedstrom <erich@peregrine.com>
To:        Steve Darrall <steve@haagen-dazs.org>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3Com 3C589D

I just set up a Thinkpad 701c with a 3c589c and a 3c589d using 3.2-Release,
and it is working like a champ. My dumpcis for the 589d looks exactly the
same as yours. In fact, I don't see anything wrong with what you posted, so
here are some thoughts:

Does your dmesg show it finding the pcmcia controller properly?

Have you tried turning off the machine before booting FreeBSD, or are you
rebooting from Windows? FreeBSD seems to have problems resetting 3c589s after
Windows has been using them.

Is your system able to allocate resources for your pcmcia modem properly?

Are you sure nothing else (e.g. sound) is using IRQ 10?

Eric