Date:      Mon, 25 Sep 2023 20:29:20 +0200
From:      Guido Falsi <madpilot@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Gareth de Vaux <ports@lordcow.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sysutils/devcpu-data deprecated

On 25/09/23 19:35, Gareth de Vaux wrote:
> On Mon 2023-09-25 (17:38), Guido Falsi wrote:
>> UPDATING entry 20230906 has all the details.
>
> UPDATING entry 20230906 is the reason for the question - it does not say how
> to safely migrate - do you uninstall devcpu-data and then install cpu-microcode?

Yes, or instlal cpu-microcode and then deinstall what's the difference?

I don't get the question. You just run the commands suggested in the
updating entry, and then can remove the old devcpu packages. Or vice versa.

The order in which you do these is irrelevant anyway, the microcode is
applied when the rc script is ran (at boot time usually).

--
Guido Falsi <madpilot@FreeBSD.org>