Date:      Thu, 30 Jan 2003 00:00:31 -0800 (PST)
From:      Peter Hollaubek <fifteen@inext.hu>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: conf/47642: default root filesystem size vs. linux base port

The following reply was made to PR conf/47642; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Peter Hollaubek <fifteen@inext.hu>
To: Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
Cc: bug-followup@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 08:59:13 +0100

 On Jan 29, 2003, Peter Pentchev wrote:
 > On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 05:11:19PM +0100, Peter Hollaubek wrote:
 > >
 > > >Number:         47642
 > > >Category:       conf
 > > >Synopsis:       default root filesystem size vs. linux base port
 > > >Originator:     Peter Hollaubek <fifteen@inext.hu>
 > > >Release:        FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE i386
 > > >Environment:
 > > System: FreeBSD fif.office.inext.hu 4.7-STABLE FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE #0: Wed Jan 22 09:52:27 CET 2003 root@fif.office.inext.hu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/FIF i386

 > > 	During installation You can choose auto defaults partitioning in
 > > sysinstall with the root filesystem sized to 128Mb. In normal cases this
 > > should be enough, but with the linux base port installed right in
 > > /compat (around 77 Mbs) and with a kernel rebuild and some Mbs in /root
 > > You are running out of space.
 >
 > /compat should be a symbolic link to /usr/compat; the default
 > partitioning tries to allocate as much space for /usr as possible.
 >
 > How big is your /usr partition, and is your /compat really a symlink to
 > /usr/compat, as it ought to be?
 >
 > G'luck,
 > Peter
 >
 > --
 > Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net	roam@FreeBSD.org
 > PGP key:	http://people.FreeBSD.org/~roam/roam.key.asc
 > Key fingerprint	FDBA FD79 C26F 3C51 C95E  DF9E ED18 B68D 1619 4553
 > If I had finished this sentence,

 Seems You are right. All my other boxes have a symlink for it. This one was
 a clean 4.7R install, don't really know how this symlink disappeared here.
 Anyway, there should be some change I've made during the installation, thus
 the PR can be closed. I'll try to install 4.7R again on a different hdd,
 and if the result is the same, I'll post another one.

 Peter