Date:      Wed, 30 Oct 1996 17:22:23 -0500 (EST)
From:      Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu>
To:        rgrimes@GndRsh.aac.dev.com (Rodney W. Grimes)
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SONY DAT DRIVES - NOT SUPPORTED for "UNIX" - BUYER BEWARE !!!

> > That is a mistake.  Because of one bad tech rep you blacklist a company?
>
> Yep!  Especially when I already have a product that covers that market,
> they come right off the ``lets go look at the folks and bring thier
> product in list'' without even another word...
>
>> Give
>> me a break, the Sony SDT-5000 DAT drives are the best I've ever come across,
>> having used Exabyte, HP, Archive, and Sony's...
>
> Glad to here you are happy with thier product, by why should I go look at
> it if their attitude is ``not to support Shareware OS's'' when my whole
> business is based on just that?

Firstly, your dealing with second hand information, I would hope you would
investigate yourself.  Secondly you do not know that that is "Their attitude",
that could be just some bozo talking.  And third, I never cut off my nose just
to spite my face.  I've never seen a more reliable or faster DAT drive than the
Sony.

-Crh

       Charles Henrich     Michigan State University     henrich@msu.edu

                         http://pilot.msu.edu/~henrich