Date:      Tue, 29 Feb 2000 17:02:53 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Didier Derny <didier@omnix.net>
To:        Paul Horechuk <phorechuk@docucom.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Creative Labs 3D Anihilator Pro

the Geforce board works fine with XFree but there is a small problem,

the board is not correctly detected.

to correct this probleme down XFree3.3.5 or XFree3.3.6, update
the source code for nvidia from http://www.nvidia.com

inside XFree the code for nvidia is localted in
xc/programs/Xserver/hw/(I forgot something here)/nv

just copy the files got from the nvidia web site
(sorry but I can't remember the name of the archive).

the go back to the xc directory

follow the instruction from the INSTALL file

something like:

make World &> world.log

copy you original server

mv /usr/X11R6/bin/XF86_SVGA /usr/X11R6/bin/XF86_SVGA.orig

then go in xc/programs/Xserver en copy XF86_SVGA in /usr/X11R6/bin

restart xfree it should work

if you want more information of the XF86_SVGA from XFree 3.3.6 or 3.3.5
send me an email to didier@aida.org

After this operation my geforce board (leadtek windfast) worked fine
for me.