Date:      Wed, 15 Mar 2000 11:38:27 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Blaz Zupan <blaz@amis.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pccard not working on 4.0-RELEASE

In message <Pine.BSF.4.21.0003151754580.205-100000@gold.amis.net> Blaz Zupan writes:
: Notice that I don't specify an irq for pcic0, because I am really short of
: them. So pcic is run in polling mode. I also tried specifying an irq with
: exactly the same result.

irqs shouldn't matter one way or the other.

: With a 4.0-RELEASE kernel it does not work, pcic0 is simply not found and
: absolutely no message is being displayed. Applying the below patch which
: effectively backs out revision 1.89 of sys/pccard/pcic.c makes the card
: work again. It is very unfortunate that it is too late to fix this :(

Yes.  I was nervous about adding PnP support this late in the game,
but jordan said go for it.

I'm curious, if you try to add options PNPBIOS to your kernel, does
that fix this problem?

Warner