Date:      Sun, 8 Aug 1999 01:37:38 +0200
From:      Stefan Esser <se@zpr.uni-koeln.de>
To:        Kevin <kbock@primenet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG, Stefan Esser <se@freebsd.org>, stefan.esser@o-tel-o.de
Subject:   Re: DC-390U2W support, continued

On 1999-08-06 01:50 -0700, Kevin <kbock@primenet.com> wrote:
> Hey, sorry for my previous stuipidity.. here's my problem..
>
> The Tekram BIOS says the drive is 80Mb/sec wide, which it is (IBM UltraStar
> 9ES)
>
> here's an output from FreeBSD 3.2-STABLE (8/5/99)
>
> ncr0: <ncr 53c895 fast40 wide scsi> rev 0x01 int a irq 11 on pci0.19.0

I have just commited the changes required to support the 895/896
to -stable. They have been in -current long enough (IMHO) to have
me convinced they don't cause problems with older NCR chips. (The
changes affect all chips, not just the Ultra-40 versions.)

Please let me know if you have any trouble with this revision of
the driver!

Regards, STefan