Date:      Sun, 9 Jun 2002 07:10:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ceri Davies <setantae@submonkey.net>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/38924: Mailwrapper(8) or mailer.conf(5) should mention periodic knob for 'submit' queue

The following reply was made to PR docs/38924; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Ceri Davies <setantae@submonkey.net>
To: Pat Lashley <patl+freebsd@phoenix.volant.org>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 15:06:44 +0100

 >       Sendmail has a separate 'submit' queue; and the daily periodic
 > scripts contain code to check both queues.  The code to check the submit
 > queue can be bypassed by a configuration option in periodic.conf.  But
 > none of this is obvious to someone who is installing an alternate MTA;
 > and leads to complaints about the unrecognized '-Ac' command-line param.

 The daily output is produced via the periodic scripts, so the best place for
 this, in my opinion, would clearly be periodic.conf(5) where it's already
 documented.

 It really doesn't have anything to do with mailwrapper.

 Would you agree ?

 Ceri

 --
 you can't see when light's so strong