Date:      Sat, 22 Sep 2001 13:30:16 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        "Chuck TheMascot" <freebsdfan@hotmail.com>
Cc:        small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Booting from Flash

In message <F207RaDx70ttwxkGzq800002689@hotmail.com> "Chuck TheMascot" writes:
: I haven't been following the I-Opener scene for quite a while, at one point
: they had disabled the backdoor into the QNX from the BIOS (after I wrote a
: program to reflash the BIOS from QNX :) ).  Some of the original I-Openers
: had cgi scripts that could be accessed from a web server to do just about
: anything, there was one guy who started to author a site to do just that
: minus needing to get into Qnx.  (Un)fortunately they closed that hole pretty
: quickly.

People have found other holes :-).  Then they went out of business...

Warner