Date:      Wed, 14 Oct 1998 20:22:35 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Jason George <freebsd-net@masterplan.org>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: VPN through encrypted IP tunnel for FreeBSD?

Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 02:20:22 GMT

Take a look at http://www.r4k.net/ipsec

There is a preliminary set of patches to enable IPsec on FreeBSD.

I've patched my home system, but haven't had time to try any
interoperability testing with my OpenBSD Sparc box at a client site yet.
Stephanie Wehner, the porter, indicated to me in e-mail that it works
fine between here x86 OpenBSD box and her x86 FreeBSD box.

SKIP does work very nicely, though, if you have the time to get it
working (getting SKIP to work with NATD and IPFW can be nasty!)

Hope this helps.

--Jason
j.b.george@ieee.org
jbg@masterplan.org